FREE SHIPPING to NL for orders > €50
Start typing and hit Enter
Coffee Beans El Salvador RUM BABA
Proud to serve and sell the best coffee in Amsterdam
Producer: Farmer: Carlos Pola, Roasters: Rum Baba
Origin: El Salvador
Premium and locally roasted coffee beans by RUM BABA. Enjoy them always freshly roasted without the plastic packaging and ground to your liking.
Processing: Semi Natural/ Black Honey
Taste notes: Dark chocolate, molasses, red apple
Available for shipping everywhere in the Netherlands or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Coffee Beans El Salvador RUM BABA
Rum Baba knows Carlos Pola as a forward thinking person, focusing on technology and sustainability. In a region suffering from climate change and plant diseases, Carlos farm shows a total different face with a healthy planation, increasing production and high quality produce.
He follows specific strategies to strengthen the natural habitat in and around his farm. Like only ‘natural’ processing ways to prevent contamination of water sources. Also he is a big believer in the power of Mycorrhizal fungi, a type of fungi that forms a mutually beneficial symbiotic relationship with the coffee plants. The fungi colonize the plant through their roots and establish a network of structures through which they exchange sugars and nutrients with the tree.
The fungi help restore soil by capturing atmospheric CO2 and water retention keeps trees healthy even in months with no rain.
Rum Baba coffee roasters source these beans directly from Carlos Pola and roast these at their Roastery in Amsterdam West. They have chosen for a medium roast profile to mellow acidity and increase texture (body) while developing and maintaining the aromatic qualities of the bean.
Storage and shelf life
Keep your coffee beans in an airtight container away from direct sunlight and moisture.
The coffee beans are always freshly roasted and delivered at our store soon after. Therefore you will be able to enjoy them for some weeks. Have in mind though that their taste and aroma deteriorate the the move away from the roasting date.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
- Tasty & fresh
- We work together with Rum Baba in small batches always ensuring the freshness, taste and smell of each batch
- Rum Baba roastery is located in Amsterdam
- Our impact
- We plan the roasting depending on the needs of the store and therefore there is never waste or old coffee beans. You can buy as much as you want and take it home in reusable containers, nearly eliminating waste
- Rum Baba works with small farms and very carefully selecting the people they work with. Due to that the certification is not always financially feasible. You can rest assured though about the high quality of the green beans that are imported
- Producer's impact
- Rum Baba works together with small farmers and therefore support small communities around the world.