Now delivering organic and healthy ingredients to all of the Netherlands.
Start typing and hit Enter
Yellow Split Lentils Organic
Yellow split lentils are one of the oldest-known crops. They tend to have a more earthy flavour than the green ones that are sweeter. They are widely used in stews and soups.
Available for shipping or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Yellow Split Lentils Organic
Yellow split lentils add a great color to dishes and are used in the Indian dish dhal.
A protein rich carbohydrate full of fiber and nutrients. Yellow split lentils are great for sprinkling on salads or adding to a flavor-rich stew and are prepared in the same way as other lentils.
Storage and shelf life
Store yellow split peas in a dry and sealable food storage container – we recommend glass. Keep the container in a cool, dry and dark area out of the sun and heat.
Yellow split peas, when properly stored, have a shelf life for up 2-3 years.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
Nutritional Value per 100 g
Energy 314 Kcal
Protein (g) 25.3
Fat (g) 2.2 (Saturated: 0.3)
Carbohydrates (g) 36.9 (Sugars: 4.0)
Dietary fiber (g) 23.2
Salt (g) 0.05
Allergens: No known allergens but possible cross contamination of gluten and wheat.
How to use
There's no need to soak the yellow split lentils before you cook them. They cook relatively quickly even without soaking.
Unsoaked lentils will cook in approximately 20 minutes. If you want to ease digestion you can soak for a minimum of two hours and cook them after. That will reduce the time that they need to cook.
- Tasty & fresh
- We are confident for the quality of our products due to our supplier’s high-quality standards and years of experience in the organic products. The product is not irradiated and do not contain any ingredient or additive derived from or produced using GMOs or their derivatives. We always try each batch for freshness and taste as soon as they arrive to our store to ensure that meets our standards.
- We were not able to source yellow split lentils locally. Turkey has a long tradition of cultivating such legumes
- Our impact
- We buy from our supplier in bulk in large quantities and in compostable packaging and therefore conscious of our environmental footprint.
- Our products are organically certified by SKAL, the Dutch national certifier for organic produce and products (NL-BIO-01)
- Producer's impact
- Our supplier shares our direction on organic agriculture and ethical, social aspects on food chain. They are committed to long term relationships with the farmers they work with around the world to ensure highest level of product quality and life for them. They hold several certifications on organic farming, social, environmental and fair trade, quality assurance, processing of ingredients (SKAL, USD Organic, IBD Fair Trade, Vegan, RSPO, Demeter, EKO, BRCGS, Riskplaza).