15% Off Your First Purchase (WILDWELCOME), FREE shipping (SUMMERMADNESS) | Now delivering to all of the Netherlands
Start typing and hit Enter
Black Hom Nin Rice Organic
The Emperor's rice
The Black Hom Nin rice has a sticky full-bodied, sweet-nutty flavour. It is a true rarity among the rice varieties. It is particularly suitable for exotic dishes and soups. It is high on natural antioxidants, a good source of iron, fibre, calcium, potassium, vitamin A and B complex.
Available for shipping everywhere in the Netherlands or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at email@example.com
Storage and shelf life
Store organic Black Hom Nin rice in a dry and sealable food storage container – we recommend glass. Keep the container in a cool, dry and dark area out of the sun and heat. Keep the container away from liquids that may leak into it.
Organic Black Hom Nin rice, when properly stored, have a shelf life of 1-1.5 years.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
Nutritional values per 100 gram
Energy 1500 kJ/ 357 kcal
Carbohydrates (g) 72.8
Sugars: < 0.05
Dietary fibre (g) 1.4
How to use
Cook black rice same as you do for other kinds of rice. The black rice though will take longer to fully cook.
Other interesting information
Black rice, also called forbidden rice or "emperor's rice" earned this name because it used to be reserved for the Chinese emperor to ensure his health and longevity. it was forbidden to everybody else.
- Tasty & fresh
- We are confident for the quality of our products due to our supplier’s high-quality standards and years of experience in the organic products. The product is not irradiated and do not contain any ingredient or additive derived from or produced using GMOs or their derivatives. We always try each batch for freshness and taste as soon as they arrive to our store to ensure that meets our standards.
- Our black rice comes from Cambodia
- Our impact
- We buy from our supplier in bulk in large quantities and in compostable packaging and therefore conscious of our environmental footprint
- Our white Jasmine rice is organically certified by SKAL, the Dutch national certifier for organic produce and products (NL-BIO-01)
- Producer's impact
- Our supplier shares our direction on organic agriculture and ethical, social aspects on food chain. They are committed to long term relationships with the farmers they work with around the world to ensure highest level of product quality and life for them. They hold several certifications on organic farming, social, environmental and fair trade, quality assurance, processing of ingredients (SKAL, USD Organic, IBD Fair Trade, Vegan, RSPO, Demeter, EKO, BRCGS, Riskplaza).