DELIVERING TO ALL NETHERLANDS
Start typing and hit Enter
White Beans (Large) Organic
The white large beans are a staple in South American cuisine. It is versatile, easy to use, and simple to prepare. Our organic beans have a rich creaminess and a hint of nutty sweetness that work great for both cold and hot dishes.
Available for shipping everywhere in the Netherlands or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at email@example.com
Storage and shelf life
Store White beans in a dry and sealable food storage container – we recommend glass. Keep the container in a cool, dry and dark area out of the sun and heat.
Borlotti beans, when properly stored, have a shelf life for up 1 year.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
Nutritional Value per 100 g
Energy 347 kcal
Protein (g) 21.4
Fat (g) 1.23 (Saturates: 0.24)
Carbohydrates (g) 47.05 (Sugars: 2.11)
Dietary fiber (g) 15.5
Salt (g) 0.03
Allergens: Pulses and possible cross contamination of soya protein (-derivatives), gluten, nuts (- derivatives) and sesame.
How to use
White beans require some preparation before cooking as most beans.
Place the beans in a large bowl and add enough water to cover the beans by 5cms.
Let stand at room temperature for 6 to 12 hours. Drain the beans, rinse 3 times and drain well again.
Place the beans in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot and add enough fresh bottled spring water to cover the beans by 5cms. Bring to a boil and skim any foam that forms at the surface.
- Tasty & fresh
- We are confident for the quality of our products due to our supplier’s high-quality standards and years of experience in the organic products. The product is not irradiated and do not contain any ingredient or additive derived from or produced using GMOs or their derivatives. We always try each batch for freshness and taste as soon as they arrive to our store to ensure that meets our standards.
- We were not able to source organically certified borlotti beans locally. Our beans come from China
- Our impact
- We buy from our supplier in bulk in large quantities and in compostable packaging and therefore conscious of our environmental footprint.
- Our beans are organically certified by SKAL, the Dutch national certifier for organic produce and products (NL-BIO-01)
- Producer's impact
- Our supplier shares our direction on organic agriculture and ethical, social aspects on food chain. They are committed to long term relationships with the farmers they work with around the world to ensure highest level of product quality and life for them. They hold several certifications on organic farming, social, environmental and fair trade, quality assurance, processing of ingredients (SKAL, USD Organic, IBD Fair Trade, Vegan, RSPO, Demeter, EKO, BRCGS, Riskplaza).