CHECK OUT OUR WINTER SALES!
Start typing and hit Enter
Basmati Taraori White Rice Organic
The King of Rice
Origin: Taraori, India
Taraori basmati, as the name suggests, derives its name from Taraori – a village in India. It is a very aromatic and flavourful rice that cooks great in both sweet and savoury dishes.
Available for shipping everywhere in the Netherlands or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Storage and shelf life
Store organic basmati rice in a dry and sealable food storage container – we recommend glass. Keep the container in a cool, dry and dark area out of the sun and heat. Keep the container away from liquids that may leak into it.
Organic basmati rice, when properly stored, have an indefinite shelf life.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
Nutritional Value per 100 g
Energy 365 Kcal
Fat 1 g (saturated 0.2 g)
Carbohydrates 78.6 g (sugar 0.12 g)
Fibers 1.3 g
Protein 7.1 g
Salt 0,0125 g
Allergens: No known allergens
How to use
When you buy from sources like WSF the rice is already clean. You don't need to rinse it before cooking.
In order to perfectly cook basmati you can follow the below process:
Place rice and water (the correct rice to water ratio is 1 : 1.5) in a saucepan over medium heat without the lid.
Bring to a simmer and then place a tight fitting lid on. Turn the heat down to low and cook for 12 minutes ( DON'T open the lid - it will pay off).
When all water is absorbed remove from heat and leave for 5-10 minutes with lid on, then fluff with fork and marvel at fluffy rice!
- Tasty & fresh
- We are confident for the quality of our products due to our supplier’s high-quality standards and years of experience in the organic products. The product is not irradiated and do not contain any ingredient or additive derived from or produced using GMOs or their derivatives. We always try each batch for freshness and taste as soon as they arrive to our store to ensure that meets our standards.
- Basmati rice is traditionally grown in India, Nepal and Pakistan. Ours come from India.
- Our impact
- We buy from our supplier in bulk in large quantities and in compostable packaging and therefore conscious of our environmental footprint.
- Our products are organically certified by SKAL, the Dutch national certifier for organic produce and products (NL-BIO-01)
- Producer's impact
- Our supplier shares our direction on organic agriculture and ethical, social aspects on food chain. They are committed to long term relationships with the farmers they work with around the world to ensure highest level of product quality and life for them. They hold several certifications on organic farming, social, environmental and fair trade, quality assurance, processing of ingredients (SKAL, USD Organic, IBD Fair Trade, Vegan, RSPO, Demeter, EKO, BRCGS, Riskplaza).