Now delivering organic and healthy ingredients to all of the Netherlands.
Start typing and hit Enter
Basmati Brown Rice Organic
A healthy and delicious grain
Brown basmati rice is nutty, floral, and a little spicy. It has a fragrant aroma and a firm but light texture. It will remain separate and is light and fluffy when cooked. Makes a delicious and healthy side for flavorful dishes like curries and dhals.
Available for shipping or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Basmati Brown Rice Organic
In brown basmati rice, the husk (outermost layer) is removed to expose the bran. The layer of bran is responsible for giving off that nutty aroma and its chewy and thick texture.
Since brown basmati rice is a whole grain is considered a low glycemic food and it is a great addition to a healthy diet.
Storage and shelf life
Store organic basmati rice in a dry and sealable food storage container – we recommend glass. Keep the container in a cool, dry and dark area out of the sun and heat. Keep the container away from liquids that may leak into it.
Organic basmati rice, when properly stored, have an indefinite shelf life.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
Nutritional Value per 100 g
Energy 370 Kcal
Protein (g) 7.9
Fat (g) 2.9 (Saturated: 0.6)
Carbohydrates (g) 73.8 (Sugars: 1.0)
Dietary fiber (g) 3.5
Salt (g) 0.0025
Allergens: No known allergens
- Tasty & fresh
- We are confident for the quality of our products due to our supplier’s high-quality standards and years of experience in the organic products. The product is not irradiated and do not contain any ingredient or additive derived from or produced using GMOs or their derivatives. We always try each batch for freshness and taste as soon as they arrive to our store to ensure that meets our standards.
- Basmati rice is traditionally grown in India, Nepal and Pakistan. Ours comes from India.
- Our impact
- We buy from our supplier in bulk in large quantities and in compostable packaging and therefore conscious of our environmental footprint.
- Our products are organically certified by SKAL, the Dutch national certifier for organic produce and products (NL-BIO-01)
- Producer's impact
- Our supplier shares our direction on organic agriculture and ethical, social aspects on food chain. They are committed to long term relationships with the farmers they work with around the world to ensure highest level of product quality and life for them. They hold several certifications on organic farming, social, environmental and fair trade, quality assurance, processing of ingredients (SKAL, USD Organic, IBD Fair Trade, Vegan, RSPO, Demeter, EKO, BRCGS, Riskplaza).