15% Off Your First Purchase (WILDWELCOME), FREE shipping (SUMMERMADNESS) | Now delivering to all of the Netherlands
Start typing and hit Enter
Coffee Beans Ethiopia RUM BABA
Proud to serve and sell the best coffee in Amsterdam
Producer: Farmers: Birbirsa cooperative, Roasters: Rum Baba
Origin: Ethiopia, Roasted: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Premium and locally roasted coffee beans by RUM BABA. Enjoy them always freshly roasted without the plastic packaging and ground to your liking.
Taste notes: sweet, full body, dried fruit
Available for shipping everywhere in the Netherlands or local pickup.
For bulk wholesale prices please contact us with your request at email@example.com
About Coffee Beans Ethiopia RUM BABA
Birbirsa is the cooperative managing the regional washing station where local smallholder farmers deliver their harvested coffee cherries. At the washing station the fruit is processed, seeds (‘bean’) dried and prepared for export. Typically a batch of these coffee beans consist out of varied Arabica varieties, this ‘blend’ often called as Local Heirloom. The local farmers pick cherries from their little plots of land with indigenous Arabica varietal trees which grow ‘wildly’ among these lands. Farming in this region is done without additives as pesticides and (non natural) fertilisers.
Rum Baba coffee roasters trade directly with the cooperative and roast these beans at their roastery in Amsterdam West. They have chosen for a medium roast profile enhancing sweetness and mouthfeel while developing and maintaining aromatic qualities of the bean
Storage and shelf life
Keep your coffee beans in an airtight container away from direct sunlight and moisture.
The coffee beans are always freshly roasted and delivered at our store soon after. Therefore you will be able to enjoy them for some weeks. Have in mind though that their taste and aroma deteriorate the the move away from the roasting date.
Shipping and delivery
The product is available for delivery and pick up from our store in de Pijp.
The product is delivered in recycled paper bags.
- Tasty & fresh
- We work together with Rum Baba in small batches always ensuring the freshness, taste and smell of each batch
- Rum Baba roastery is located in Amsterdam
- Our impact
- We plan the roasting depending on the needs of the store and therefore there is never waste or old coffee beans. You can buy as much as you want and take it home in reusable containers, nearly eliminating waste
- Rum Baba works with small farms and very carefully selecting the people they work with. Due to that the certification is not always financially feasible. You can rest assured though about the high quality of the green beans that are imported
- Producer's impact
- Rum Baba works together with small farmers and therefore support small communities around the world.